According to Flora Zambesiaca[FZ]
Flora Zambesiaca Amaryllidaceae by C. Zimudzi, R.H. Archer, E.G. Kwembeya & I. Nordal
- Bulbous plants with a large thickly tunicated bulb.
- Leaves distichous, biflabellately spreading on the ground, falcate, necrotic at apex, margin scabrous, midrib indistinct.
- Flowers umbellate, pedicellate, solitary to many, subtended by two spathe valves.
- Scape arising laterally, solid, erect or reclining.
- Perianth linear to lanceolate, spreading to reflexed, connivent into a subcylindrical tube, which widens at the apex.
- Stamens protruding from perianth tube or slightly within tube; filaments filiform, arising from the base of the segments; anthers dorsifixed.
- Style filiform; stigma undivided.
- Fruit subglobose, indehiscent or bursting irregularly.
- Seeds fleshy, subglobose, greenish.
- A genus of about 8 species in Africa, with 4 in the Flora area.
Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cape Provinces, Caprivi Strip, Central African Repu, Chad, Ethiopia, Free State, Kenya, KwaZulu-Natal, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Northern Provinces, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaïre, Zimbabwe
First published in Appendix: 17 (1821)
-  Govaerts, R. (1995) World Checklist of Seed Plants 1(1, 2): 1-483, 1-529. MIM, Deurne
-  ―Milne-Redhead & Schweickert in J. Linn. Soc., Bot. 52: 169 (1939).
-  Appendix: 17 (1821).
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[B] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[C] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Plants and People Africa
Roger and Alison Heath, Plants and People Africa
[D] © Plants and People Africa http://www.plantsandpeopleafrica.com http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/