According to Flora Zambesiaca[FZ]
Flora Zambesiaca Amaryllidaceae by C. Zimudzi, R.H. Archer, E.G. Kwembeya & I. Nordal
- Rhizomatous herbs; rhizome short, with many radiating fleshy roots.
- Leaves sessile, persistent, often twisted, without midrib, lorate, obtuse.
- Scape flattened narrowly winged; flowers small, many in a dense umbel subtended by free, reflexed bracts.
- Perianth tube subcylindrical to funnel-shaped; segments ovate or oblong, shorter than tube.
- Corona of 12 linear scales, 2 inserted at base of each segment, where they unite running down the tube, from the middle of which the stamen springs; filaments short.
- Ovary 3-locular, with many ovules; style filiform; stigmacapitate.
- Fruit a globose berry.
- A genus of 3 species in tropical Africa, with a single species recorded in the Flora Zambesiaca area.
First published in J. Bot. 16: 193 (1878)
- Govaerts, R. (1999) World Checklist of Seed Plants 3(1, 2a & 2b): 1-1532. MIM, Deurne
- in J. Bot. 16: 193, t.197 (1878).
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[B] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[C] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0