According to Flora Zambesiaca[FZ]
Flora Zambesiaca Amaryllidaceae by C. Zimudzi, R.H. Archer, E.G. Kwembeya & I. Nordal
- Bulbous herbs with or without a neck.
- Leaves linear to strap-shaped, produced after or with the flowers.
- Inflorescence umbellate with few to many flowers.
- Scapes slender or robust, with two lanceolate spathe valves.
- Perianth funnel-shaped, close to the ovary, erect or curved; segments equal, narrowly oblanceolate, more or less crisped.
- Stamens inserted at base of perianth segments, erect or declinate; filaments filiform, thickened at base, suberect or declinate; anthers oblong.
- Ovary globose, with few ovules in each loculus; style filiform, straight or declinate, obscurely tricuspidate at stigmatose apex.
- Capsule deeply 3-lobed.
- Seeds 1–few in each locule, globose, reddish-green, often viviparous.
- A genus of about 25 species endemic to southern Africa; two species in the Flora area.
Botswana, Cape Provinces, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Lesotho, Namibia, Northern Provinces, Swaziland, Zimbabwe
Azores, France, Great Britain, Madeira
- Nerine angustifolia (Baker) W.Watson
- Nerine appendiculata Baker
- Nerine bowdenii W.Watson
- Nerine filamentosa W.F.Barker
- Nerine filifolia Baker
- Nerine frithii L.Bolus
- Nerine gaberonensis Bremek. & Oberm.
- Nerine gibsonii K.H.Douglas
- Nerine gracilis R.A.Dyer
- Nerine hesseoides L.Bolus
- Nerine humilis (Jacq.) Herb.
- Nerine krigei W.F.Barker
- Nerine laticoma (Ker Gawl.) T.Durand & Schinz
- Nerine marincowitzii Snijman
- Nerine masoniorum L.Bolus
- Nerine pancratioides Baker
- Nerine platypetala McNeil
- Nerine pudica Hook.f.
- Nerine pusilla Dinter
- Nerine rehmannii (Baker) L.Bolus
- Nerine ridleyi E.Phillips
- Nerine sarniensis (L.) Herb.
- Nerine transvaalensis L.Bolus
- Nerine undulata (L.) Herb.
- Nerine × versicolor Herb.
First published in Bot. Mag. 47: t. 2124 (1820)
- Govaerts, R.H.A. (2011) World checklist of selected plant families published update . Facilitated by the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- ―Traub in Plant Life 23 (suppl.): 1–32 (1967).
- in Bot. Mag. 47: t.2124 (1820).
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[B] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[C] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0