According to Flora Zambesiaca[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Annual and perennial herbs; stems erect or rarely procumbent, sometimes with a basal leaf–rosette.
- Leaves alternate, linear, oblong or spathulate, entire.
- Flowers in racemes or corymbs; bracts inserted at the base or near the middle of pedicels.
- Calyx partly adnate to ovary, the limb 5–lobed, persistent.
- Corolla subcampanulate, the limb 5–lobed.
- Stamens borne on the corolla–tube, oppositipetalous, alternating with small staminodes.
- Ovary globose; style short, stigma obtuse or capitellate; ovules numerous; placentation free–central.
- Capsule ovoid or globose, dehiscing by 5 valves.
- Seeds numerous, angular.
Alabama, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Austria, Bahamas, Baleares, Baltic States, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil South, Bulgaria, Canary Is., Cape Provinces, Cape Verde, Chad, Corse, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, East Aegean Is., Easter Is., Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Illinois, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Kermadec Is., Kirgizstan, Kriti, Krym, KwaZulu-Natal, Libya, Madeira, Mauritania, Mexico Central, Mexico Gulf, Mexico Northeast, Mexico Northwest, Mexico Southeast, Mexico Southwest, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Mexico, New Zealand North, Nigeria, Norfolk Is., Northern Provinces, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Sardegna, Sicilia, Sinai, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tasmania, Tennessee, Tunisia, Turkey-in-Europe, Ukraine, Western Sahara, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zaïre, Zimbabwe
First published in Sp. Pl.: 171 (1753)
-  Pax & Knuth in Engl. Pflanzenr. 4, 237, Primulac.: 336 (1905).
-  —F.T.A. 3: 490
-  Sp. Pl, 1: 171 (1753).
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[B] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[C] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0