According to Flora of Tropical East Africa[FTEA]
Amaryllidaceae, Inger Nordal (University of Oslo). Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1982
- Bulbous plants, with sessile linear to strap-shaped, often twisted leaves
- Scape solid
- Inflorescence 1–many-flowered (1–(2)-flowered in East Africa), subtended by 1–2 ± fused involucral bracts
- Flowers white or greenish, regular, sessile, with a long cylindrical perianth-tube, funnel-shaped at the apex; segments linear to narrowly lanceolate, spreading
- Stamens inserted at the throat of the perianth-tube; filaments united into a conspicuous cup at the base, filiform above; anthers versatile
- Ovary with many superposed ovules per locule; style long, with a small capitate stigma
- Fruit a loculicidal capsule, with many black angular seeds.
Albania, Algeria, Baleares, Bangladesh, Benin, Borneo, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina, Cameroon, Canary Is., Cape Provinces, Central African Repu, Chad, China Southeast, Corse, Cyprus, Djibouti, East Aegean Is., East Himalaya, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, France, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jawa, Kenya, Kriti, Laccadive Is., Lebanon-Syria, Libya, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Maluku, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Caucasus, Northern Provinces, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Portugal, Sardegna, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sicilia, Sierra Leone, Sinai, Somalia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sulawesi, Tanzania, Tennessee, Togo, Transcaucasus, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkey-in-Europe, Uganda, West Himalaya, Western Sahara, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zaïre, Zimbabwe
- Pancratium arabicum Sickenb.
- Pancratium biflorum Roxb.
- Pancratium canariense Ker Gawl.
- Pancratium centrale (A.Chev.) Traub
- Pancratium donaldii Blatt.
- Pancratium foetidum Pomel
- Pancratium illyricum L.
- Pancratium landesii Traub
- Pancratium longiflorum Roxb. ex Ker Gawl.
- Pancratium maritimum L.
- Pancratium maximum Forssk.
- Pancratium nairii Sasikala & Reema Kumari
- Pancratium parvicoronatum Geerinck
- Pancratium parvum Dalzell
- Pancratium tenuifolium Hochst. ex A.Rich.
- Pancratium tortuosum Herb.
- Pancratium trianthum Herb.
- Pancratium triflorum Roxb.
- Pancratium verecundum Aiton
- Pancratium zeylanicum L.
First published in Sp. Pl.: 290 (1753)
-  Govaerts, R.H.A. (2011) World checklist of selected plant families published update . Facilitated by the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
-  Morton in Kew Bull. 19: 337-347 (1965).
-  F.T.A. 7: 406
-  Sp. Pl. 290 (1753)
Flora of Tropical East Africa
Flora of Tropical East Africa
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families (2017). Published on the internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp
[B] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[C] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Library Art and Archives
[D] Digital Image © Board of Trustees, RBG Kew http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/