According to Flora Zambesiaca[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Pilose creeping herbs with leafy stems.
- Leaves petiolate, alternate, orbicular, coarsely lobed and toothed.
- Racemes few–flowered, extra–axillary, short–peduncled; flowers pedicellate and bracteate, inconspicuous.
- Calyx segments 5, free or somewhat accrescent, persistent.
- Corolla campanulate, with 5 lobes 1/3–1/2 the length of the corolla.
- Stamens 5, oppositipetalous; filaments short, connate below into a continuous ring fused at the base to the corolla–tube; anthers apiculate.
- Ovary multiovulate.
- Capsule globose, dehiscent by 5 apical valves or indehiscent, many–seeded.
- Seeds angular, blackish, papillose.
First published in J. Proc. Linn. Soc., Bot. 7: 205 (1863)
-  Govaerts, R. (1995) World Checklist of Seed Plants 1(1, 2): 1-483, 529. MIM, Deurne
-  P. Taylor in Kew Bull. 13: 146 (1958).
-  Weim. in Svensk Bot. Tidskr. 30: 36 (1936).
-  Pax & Knuth in Engl. Pflanzenr. 4, 237, Primulac.: 222 (1905)
-  —F.T.A. 3: 488
-  in Journ. Linn. Soc., Bot. 7: 205 (1864).
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[B] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[C] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0