According to Flora of Tropical East Africa under the synonym Anagallis acuminata[FTEA]
Primulaceae, P. Taylor. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1958
- Annual; stems erect, simple or rarely branched above, 3–12 cm. high, tinged reddish at base.
- Lower leaves opposite, upper alternate, narrowly linear, 2–7 mm. long, less than 0.5 mm. wide, the upper ones acute, the lower tipped with a small black gland.
- Flowers in a terminal corymbiform raceme which elongates slightly in fruit; pedicels ascending, filiform, up to 1 cm. long.
- Calyx-segments narrowly lanceolate, 2–3 mm. long, acuminate and with a narrow hyaline margin.
- Corolla white, about 3 mm. long; lobes (spreading in sunlight) narrowly oblong, about 0.6 mm. wide, apically truncate and shortly mucronate or tridentate, 3-nerved.
- Filaments filiform, about 2 mm. long, glabrous above, bearded below; anthers globose, obtuse, about 0.3 mm. long.
- Ovary sparsely papillose; style about 1.2 mm. long.
- Capsule about 1.5 mm. in diameter.
- Seeds numerous, about 0.35 mm. long.
- Seasonally flooded places, flowering as the water-level subsides at the beginning of the dry season; 1000 m.
According to Flora Zambesiaca under the synonym Anagallis acuminata[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Erect annual herb 3–9 cm. tall.
- Stems reddish, simple or branched.
- Leaves up to 7 cm. long, opposite below, alternate above, subulate.
- Flowers present at most nodes, on pedicels 4–8 mm. long.
- Calyx–lobes 2·2–2·5 mm. long, lanceolate.
- Corolla white or pale cream; tube c. 0·5 mm. long, lobes c. 2·5 mm. long, elliptic, the apex acuminate or tridentate.
- Stamens c. j as long as the petals; filaments slender above, expanded below, not connate, adnate to corolla for 0·5 mm., bearded in lower half; lower part of corolla–tube usually with conspicuous red granules; anthers 0·2–0·25 mm long.
- Fruit c. 1·5 mm. in diameter, many–seeded, circumscissile.
- Seeds c. 0·3 mm. long.
First published in Willdenowia 39: 51 (2009)
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- (1971) Flore du Congo du Rwanda et du Burundi , Primulaceae: 1-15. Jardin Botanique National de Belgique, Bruxelles
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0