According to Flora of Tropical East Africa under the synonym Anagallis angustiloba[FTEA]
Primulaceae, P. Taylor. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1958
- Perennial; stems prostrate, simple or branched, rather fleshy, usually rooting at the lower nodes only, up to 50 cm. long.
- Leaves rather fleshy, opposite or alternate (often on the same plant) ovate, shortly petiolate, spreading, acute, rounded at the base, 8–15 × (2.5–) 4–8 mm.
- Flowers often numerous, axillary, solitary, pedicellate; pedicels filiform, up to 20 mm. long, reflexed and elongated in fruit.
- Calyx-segments 5 (or rarely 6), lanceolate, acute, 3–4 mm. long.
- Corolla white or pale pink, campanulate, deeply 5- (rarely 6-) lobed; lobes narrowly oblong, 4.5–6 (-8) mm. long, 5–7-nerved.
- Filaments filiform, glabrous, about 2/3 as long as corolla; anthers obtuse.
- Capsule globose, 2–3 mm. in diameter.
- Fig. 4/5–8, p. 12.
- Bogs, swamps, and by streamsides in upland grasslands, mainly 2100–2400 m. but descending by streamsides to 1500 m. and rarely ascending to 3000 m.
- K4 T3 T6 U2
First published in Willdenowia 39: 51 (2009)
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0