According to Flora Zambesiaca under the synonym Anagallis barbata[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Erect or ascending annual herb 4–20 cm. tall.
- Stems reddish, simple or branched.
- Leaves 3–9 mm. long, alternate or subopposite, lanceolate to ovate, sessile.
- Flowers borne at most nodes or the upper ones, on pedicels 3–5 mm. long.
- Calyx–lobes 1·5–2·5 mm. long, ovate–acuminate.
- Corolla white or pale pink, slightly exceeding calyx, the lobes oblong–elliptic, acute or minutely 3–toothed at apex.
- Stamens 3/4–5/6 as long as petals, adnate to the corolla for 1/8–1/6 their length; filaments shortly connate at the base, free parts slender, bearded; lower part of the corolla–tube with conspicuous red granules; anthers c. 0·25 mm. long.
- Fruit c. 2 mm. in diameter, many–seeded, circumscissile.
- Seeds 0·2–0·3 mm. long.
Angola, Brazil South, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Repu, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaïre, Zimbabwe
First published in Willdenowia 39: 51 (2009)
-  Forzza, R.C., Zappi, D. & Souza, V.C. (2016-continuously updated) Flora do Brasil 2020 em construção . http://reflora.jbrj.gov.br/reflora/listaBrasil/ConsultaPublicaUC/ResultadoDaConsultaNovaConsulta.do
-  Boudet, G., Lebrun, J.P. & Demange, R. (1986) Catalogue des plantes vasculaires du Mali . Etudes d'Elevage et de Médecine Vétérinaire des Pays Tropicaux
-  (1983) Flora Zambesiaca 7(1): 1-394. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
-  (1971) Flore du Congo du Rwanda et du Burundi , Primulaceae: 1-15. Jardin Botanique National de Belgique, Bruxelles
-  (1963) Flora of West Tropical Africa , ed. 2, 2: 1-544
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0