According to Flora of Tropical East Africa under the synonym Anagallis brevipes[FTEA]
Primulaceae, P. Taylor. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1958
- Perennial; stems prostrate, much branched, rooting at lower nodes, up to 15 cm. long.
- Leaves fleshy, alternate, broadly obovate, rounded and shortly apiculate, cuneate at the base; petiole 1–2 mm. long; lamina up to 7 × 5 mm.
- Flowers pentamerous, rather numerous, axillary mainly in the upper parts of stems and branches.
- Pedicels 1–3 mm. long, erect at anthesis, reflexed in fruit.
- Calyx-segments narrowly lanceolate, keeled; apex acute; margin hyaline; about as long as or slightly shorter than the corolla.
- Corolla subcampanulate, pale pink; lobes narrowly oblong, 3–3.5 mm. long.
- Filaments glabrous, 2–2.2 mm. long, connate in their lower 2/5 in a tube, filiform above. Anthers obtuse, about 0.25 mm. long.
- Style about 1.8 mm. long.
- Fruit globose, about 2 mm. in diameter.
- Seeds 3-angled, 0.6–0.7 mm. long.
- Wet places in upland grassland; 2250 m.
- not known elsewhere T7
First published in Willdenowia 39: 51 (2009)
-  (1958) Flora of Tropical East Africa , Primulaceae: 1-20
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0