According to Flora Zambesiaca under the synonym Anagallis elegantula[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Erect perennial herb.
- Stems 6–22(30) cm. tall, simple or very sparsely branched, sometimes pink below.
- Leaves 7–10 mm. long, alternate or subopposite, varying from subulate to narrowly obovate with mucronate apex, sessile or very shortly petiolate.
- Flowers on pedicels up to 8 mm. long, arranged in simple or branched terminal racemes; inflorescence open and extending for much of height of plant or forming a dense pyramid at the stem apex.
- Calyx–lobes c. 3–5 mm. long, lanceolate–acuminate.
- Corolla white or pink; lobes 4–4·5 mm. long, narrowly oblong with tridentate apex.
- Stamens 2/3 as long as petals, the filaments white or crimson, slender above, expanded below, here very densely bearded, not connate, adnate to the corolla for c. 0·7 mm.; anthers 0·3–0·5 mm. long, greenish.
- Capsule c. 1·5 mm. in diameter, circumscissile, many–seeded.
- Seeds 0·4–0·5 mm. long.
First published in Willdenowia 39: 51 (2009)
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0