According to Flora of Tropical East Africa under the synonym Anagallis hexamera[FTEA]
Primulaceae, P. Taylor. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1958
- Perennial; stems prostrate, simple or rarely branched, pink and rather fleshy, rooting at the lower nodes, up to 60 cm. long.
- Leaves spreading, rather fleshy, opposite or rarely alternate, ovate, shortly petiolate, acute, rounded at the base; petiole up to 2 mm. long; lamina up to 25 × 10 mm.
- Flowers rather few, axillary, solitary, long-pedicellate; pedicels filiform, erect at anthesis and up to 3 cm. long, reflexed and up to 6 cm. long in fruit.
- Calyx-segments 6 (rarely 5 or up to 8), lanceolate, acute, 4.5–6 mm. long.
- Corolla pink or white, subcampanulate, deeply 6- (rarely 5- or up to 8-) lobed; lobes oblong 9–12 mm. long, 3–4 mm. wide, 7–11-nerved, rounded.
- Filaments about 3/4 length of corolla, dilated and bearded in the lower 1/3, filiform above; anthers obtuse.
- Capsule globose, about 3 mm. in diameter.
- Seeds 0.8–1.0 mm. long.
- Bogs and marshes in upland grassland; 2100–2600 m.
- K3 K4 K5 T7
First published in Willdenowia 39: 52 (2009)
-  (1958) Flora of Tropical East Africa , Primulaceae: 1-20
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0