According to Flora of Tropical East Africa under the synonym Anagallis kingaensis[FTEA]
Primulaceae, P. Taylor. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1958
- Perennial; stems prostrate, simple or branched, crimson and rather fleshy, copiously rooting at the nodes, up to 40 cm. long.
- Leaves rather fleshy, alternate, broadly obovate or suborbicular, petiolate, rounded, ± cuneate at the base; petiole up to 3 mm. long; lamina up to 10 × 8 mm.
- Flowers few, axillary, solitary; pedicels erect and about 1 mm. long in anthesis, reflexed and up to 20 mm. long in fruit.
- Calyx-segments ovate, acuminate, about 1 mm. long.
- Corolla pink, subcampanulate; tube less than 1 mm. long; lobes 4–6 mm. long and up to 1.5 mm. broad.
- Filaments filiform above, more or less connate and bearded in their lower half; anthers obtuse.
- Fruit indehiscent, 1-seeded, obovoid-globose, about 1.6 mm. in diameter.
- Seed laterally compressed-globose, smooth, 1.5 mm. in diameter.
- Fig. 4/1–4, p. 12.
- Streamsides in upland grassland; 2100–2400 m.
- T7 not known elsewhere
First published in Willdenowia 39: 52 (2009)
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0