According to Flora Zambesiaca under the synonym Anagallis kochii[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Aquatic ?annual.
- Stems up to 45 cm. or more, fleshy, simple, the lower leafy part submerged, the inflorescence held erect above the water surface.
- Leaves 2–5 cm. long capillary; insertion very irregular, leaves sometimes in groups of 2 or 3.
- Inflorescence a terminal raceme.
- Pedicels up to 3·5 cm. long, each subtended by a subulate bract; bracts c. 14 mm. long at base of raceme, decreasing to c. 2 mm. at apex.
- Calyx–lobes c. 2 mm. long, lanceolate.
- Corolla lobes 4–5 mm. long, white marked with fine mauve lines, elliptic, obtuse at apex.
- Stamens 1/2–2/3 as long as petals, filaments adnate to corolla at base, otherwise free, conspicuously bearded in the lower half; anthers c. 0·7 mm. long.
- Capsule c. 3 mm. long, globose, many–seeded, circumscissile.
- Mature seeds 0·5 mm. long.
First published in Willdenowia 39: 52 (2009)
-  (1971) Flore du Congo du Rwanda et du Burundi , Primulaceae: 1-15. Jardin Botanique National de Belgique, Bruxelles
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0