According to Flora Zambesiaca under the synonym Anagallis rhodesica[FZ]
Primulaceae, F. K. Kupicha. Flora Zambesiaca 7:1. 1983
- Erect annual herb 6–20 cm. tall.
- Stems reddish, simple or branched above.
- Leaves up to 7 mm. long, alternate, filiform to subulate.
- Flowers in terminal racemes, on pedicels up to 10 mm. long.
- Calyx–lobes 2–2·5 mm. long, lanceolate.
- Corolla c. 3 mm. long, deep pink, the lobes oblong–elliptic with rounded or mucronate apex.
- Stamens c. 1/2 as long as petals; filaments slender above, expanded below, not connate, adnate to corolla for 0·5 mm., glabrous; lower part of corolla–tube usually with conspicuous red granules; anthers 0·2 mm. long.
- Fruit c. 1·5 mm. in diameter, many–seeded, circumscissile.
- Seed 0·3–0·4 mm. long.
First published in Willdenowia 39: 52 (2009)
-  (1983) Flora Zambesiaca 7(1): 1-394. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0