According to Flora of Tropical East Africa under the synonym Anagallis schliebenii[FTEA]
Primulaceae, P. Taylor. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 1958
- Perennial; stems unbranched, erect, slender, angular.
- Leaves alternate, very numerous; in the lower part of the stem filiform, up to 20 × 0.5 mm., apically gland-tipped; in the upper part about 10 × 1.0 mm., acute.
- Flowers 3–10, axillary in the upper (but not the uppermost) part of the stem, forming an apparent short raceme or corymb.
- Pedicels capillary, up to 23 mm. long.
- Calyx-segments 5, narrowly lanceolate, acuminate, about 5 mm. long.
- Corolla 5-lobed almost to the base; lobes oblong-ovate, rounded, about 7 mm. long, 3 mm. wide.
- Filaments about 5 mm. long, connate in their lower 2/5 in a tube, pubescent on the outer surface; anthers about 0.6 mm. long, obtuse.
- Ovary globose, about 0.6 mm. in diameter; style filiform, about 6 mm. long.
- Capsule not known.
- Streambanks and marshes
- not known elsewhere T7
First published in Willdenowia 39: 52 (2009)
-  (1958) Flora of Tropical East Africa , Primulaceae: 1-20
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families 2017. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/
[A] See http://kew.org/about-kew/website-information/legal-notices/index.htm You may use data on these Terms and Conditions and on further condition that: The data is not used for commercial purposes; You may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes; You may not publish our data, except for small extracts provided for illustrative purposes and duly acknowledged; You acknowledge the source of the data by the words "With the permission of the Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew" in a position which is reasonably prominent in view of your use of the data; Any other use of data or any other content from this website may only be made with our prior written agreement. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
[B] © Copyright 2017 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0