Lagenocarpus velutinus Nees
First published in C.F.P.von Martius & auct. suc. (eds.), Fl. Bras. 2(1): 166 (1842)
This species is accepted
The native range of this species is E. Brazil. It is a perennial or rhizomatous geophyte and grows primarily in the seasonally dry tropical biome.
Brazil Northeast, Brazil Southeast
- Scleria velutina (Nees) Steud. in Syn. Pl. Glumac. 2: 177 (1855)
POWO follows these authorities in accepting this name:
- Govaerts, R. & Simpson, D.A. (2007). World Checklist of Cyperaceae. Sedges: 1-765. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Govaerts, R. (2004). World Checklist of Monocotyledons Database in ACCESS: 1-54382. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Herbarium Catalogue Specimens
- Digital Image © Board of Trustees, RBG Kew http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Kew Backbone Distributions
- The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants 2022. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and https://powo.science.kew.org/
- © Copyright 2022 World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0