Balanites aegyptiaca var. tomentosa (Mildbr. & Schltr.) Sands
First published in Kew Bull. 56: 72 (2001)
This variety is accepted
The native range of this variety is Tanzania. It is a shrub or tree and grows primarily in the seasonally dry tropical biome.
- Balanites tomentosa Mildbr. & Schltr. in Bot. Jahrb. Syst. 51: 159 (1913)
POWO follows these authorities in accepting this name:
- Govaerts, R. (2003). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families Database in ACCESS: 1-216203. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Herbarium Catalogue Specimens
- Digital Image © Board of Trustees, RBG Kew http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Kew Backbone Distributions
- © Copyright 2022 World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0