Acanthoprasium (Benth.) Spach
First published in Hist. Nat. Vég. 9: 166 (1840)
This genus is accepted
The native range of this genus is SW. Alps, Cyprus.
Cyprus, France, Italy
POWO follows these authorities in accepting this name:
- Bendiksby, M., Thorbek, L., Scheen, A.-C., Lindqvist, C. & Ryding, O. (2011). An updated phylogeny and classification of Lamiaceae subfamily Lamioideae. Taxon 60: 471-484.
An alternative taxonomy had been proposed by the following authorities:
- Govaerts, R. (1995). World Checklist of Seed Plants 1(1, 2): 1-483, 1-529. MIM, Deurne. [Cited as Ballota.]
- Govaerts, R. (2003). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families Database in ACCESS: 1-216203. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. [Cited as Ballota.]
Other Kew resources that provide information on this taxon:
Kew Backbone Distributions
- The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants 2022. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and https://powo.science.kew.org/
- © Copyright 2022 World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0