Coccinia indica Wight & Arn.
First published in Prodr. Fl. Ind. Orient. 1: 347 (1834), nom. superfl.
This species is a synonym of Coccinia grandis
POWO follows these authorities in synonymising this name:
- De Wilde, W.J.J.O. & Duyfjes, B.E.E. (2008). The edible Cucurbitaceae of Thailand and Malesia and the wild forms of the cultivated ones. Sandakania 17: 43-91. [Cited as Coccinia grandis.]
- Govaerts, R. (1999). World Checklist of Seed Plants 3(1, 2a & 2b): 1-1532. MIM, Deurne. [Cited as Coccinia grandis.]
- Maliya, S.D. & Datt, B. (2010). A contribution to the flora of Katarniyaghat wildlife sanctuary, Baharaich district, Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Economic and Taxonomic Botany 34: 42-68. [Cited as Coccinia grandis.]
Other Kew resources that provide information on this taxon:
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants 2022. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and https://powo.science.kew.org/
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0