First published in Tent. Fl. Germ. 3(1): 31, 69 (1799)
This genus is accepted
The native range of this genus is Cosmopolitan.
Dryopteridaceae, JP Roux, M Shaffer-Fehre, B Verdcourt. Flora of Tropical East Africa. 2007
- Morphology General Habit
- Terrestrial or lithophytic ferns, rarely epiphytic
- Vegetative Multiplication Rhizomes
- Rhizome erect or creeping, with dense scales
- Morphology Leaves
- Fronds tufted or spaced.
- Morphology Leaves Stipes
- Stipe scaly when young, glabrescent, densely covered in scales.
- Morphology Leaves Leaf lamina
- Lamina pinnate to 3-pinnate, often proliferous near apex.
- Morphology Leaves Pinnae
- Pinnae opposite to alternate, petiolulate.
- Morphology Leaves Rachis
- Rachis densely covered in scales; venation free, anadromous
- Morphology Reproductive morphology Sori
- Sori borne medially near or at vein ending, circular, indusium peltate or rarely absent.
- 160–200 species throughout temperate zone and in tropical mountains.
Flora of Tropical East Africa
- Flora of Tropical East Africa
Kew Backbone Distributions
- © Copyright 2022 World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0