Boerhavia hirsuta Jacq.
First published in Hort. Bot. Vindob. 1: 3 (1770), nom. superfl.
This name is a synonym of Boerhavia coccinea
POWO follows these authorities in synonymising this name:
- Acevedo-Rodríguez, P. & Strong, M.T. (2012). Catalogue of seed plants of the West Indies. Smithsonian Contributions to Botany 98: 1-1192. [Cited as Boerhavia coccinea.]
- Bosser, J. & al. (eds.) (1994). Flore des Mascareignes 136-148: 1. IRD Éditions, MSIRI, RBG-Kew, Paris. [Cited as Boerhavia coccinea.]
- Struwig, M. & al. (2015). Nyctaginaceae: A taxonomic treatment for the flora of Namibia. Phytotaxa 238: 101-135. [Cited as Boerhavia coccinea.]
This name was accepted following an alternative taxonomy by these authorities:
- Govaerts, R. (1996). World Checklist of Seed Plants 2(1, 2): 1-492. MIM, Deurne. [Cited as Boerhavia hirsuta.]
Other Kew resources that provide information on this taxon:
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants 2022. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and https://powo.science.kew.org/
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0