Schoenus galpinii (Schönland & Turrill) T.L.Elliott & Muasya
First published in S. African J. Bot. 112: 359 (2017)
This species is accepted
The native range of this species is Mpumalanga to E. Cape Prov. It is a perennial or rhizomatous geophyte and grows primarily in the subtropical biome.
Cape Provinces, KwaZulu-Natal, Lesotho, Northern Provinces
- Tetraria galpinii Schönland & Turrill in Bull. Misc. Inform. Kew 1925: 73 (1925)
POWO follows these authorities in accepting this name:
- Govaerts, R., Nic Lughadha, E., Black, N., Turner, R. & Paton, A. (2021). The World Checklist of Vascular Plants, a continuously updated resource for exploring global plant diversity. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41597-021-00997-6. Scientific Data 8: 215.
Herbarium Catalogue Specimens
- Digital Image © Board of Trustees, RBG Kew http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Kew Backbone Distributions
- © Copyright 2022 World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0