Citrus × amblycarpa (Hassk.) Ochse
First published in Ind. Vrucht.: 217 (1917)
This is an artifical hybrid
The hybrid formula of this artificial cross is C. daoxianensis × C. hystrix.
- Citrus × limonellus var. amblycarpa Hassk. in Flora 25(2, Beibl. 3): 43 (1842)
POWO follows these authorities in accepting this name:
- Mabberley, D.J. (2022). A classification for edible citrus: an update, with a note on Murraya (Rutaceae). Telopea 25: 271-284.
An alternative taxonomy had been proposed by the following authorities:
- Yamaji, H., Kondo, K., Kuniga, T., Nesumi, H., Yoshida, T., Hashimoto, K. & Takeda, O. (2013). Origin of cultivated Citrus (Rutaceae) documented by the contents of internal transcribed spacer sequences (ITS) in nuclear ribosomal DNA. The Journal of Japanese Botany 88: 222-238. [Cited as Citrus deliciosa.]
Other Kew resources that provide information on this taxon:
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants 2023. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and https://powo.science.kew.org/
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0