Magnolia × loebneri Kache
First published in Gartenschönheit 1: 20 (1920)
This is an artifical hybrid
The hybrid formula of this artificial cross is M. kobus × M. stellata.
- Magnolia kobus var. loebneri (Kache) Spongberg in J. Arnold Arbor. 57: 297 (1976)
POWO follows these authorities in accepting this name:
- Heerdegen, B. & Eisenhut, R. (2019). Magnolien und Tulpenbäume (Magnoliaceae): 1-319. BoD Verlag.
An alternative taxonomy had been proposed by the following authorities:
- Govaerts, R. (2003). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families Database in ACCESS: 1-216203. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. [Cited as Unplaced Name.]
Other Kew resources that provide information on this taxon:
Kew Names and Taxonomic Backbone
- The International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants 2023. Published on the Internet at http://www.ipni.org and https://powo.science.kew.org/
- © Copyright 2022 International Plant Names Index and World Checklist of Vascular Plants. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Kew Science Photographs
- Copyright applied to individual images